Thursday, January 15, 2004

Bang, Bang, Bang galore...

Yes, that was silly and I like being silly. Was in Bangalore the past 2 days and I was happy. Much happier than I have been in the past 3 months. It was a relief getting away from the city and even though it was for work (and I did a lot of it) it was so nice being somewhere all alone and at peace.

I loved Bangalore of what I saw. Sadly, I could not see too much, but then, thats another reason to go visit again. The city seems young, vibrant and more prosperous than any other Indian city. Though, I think barring the South Indian and the fast food, you get better food in Calcutta, though the ambience in Bangalore's various restaurants is better. I also really liked the people, they seem cosmopolitan and pretty relaxed though professional.

The bestest part of the city was that I got to meet a long-lost cousin and his family. I saw the kids after ages and my nephew was taller than me and the niece was a moppet. Its weird how well I got along with the cousins, I normally take a lot of time to get totally comfortable with people but this time it just happened in an instant. As I am growing older, I feel like getting to know more about my family and to get to know them not just as family or relatives but as individuals. With some of my cousins, there is no danger of getting involved in murky family politics and that is such a relief.

It was somewhat frustating working in Bangalore because I thought I faced some resistance. I wonder why people are resistant to change. My applications actually cut down effort by more than 50% but still it was an uphill task getting about it. I work with people who have little or no IT exposure and sometimes I feel that they have a mental block against anything that seems new and thats a pity. Still, since things went successfully, I am relieved. I hope to see more of Bangalore, I really liked the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home