Monday, October 18, 2004

The fakeness of blogging

Well, well, well. What the British do, Indians do after few years. So if the Guardian goes ga-ga over blogging, can the Telegraph (The Indian one) be left behind? The Sunday section devoted the cover story to blogging and dragged out non-entities and made grandiose, idiotic statements about the "future" and "passion" of bloggers, and so on and so forth. My reaction? Hah!

As far as I am concerned, I hate the fake hype created by newspapers that render the stupid, news-worthy. It gives a whole new meaning to dumbing down the masses and I'm amazed how people can swallow BS day after day! Anyhow. To each his own. Building up a hype about blogs (or for that matter any technological advancement) reminds me of the excitement that trains or cars must have caused when they were introduced.

I read many blogs and consider myself voyeuristic for being interested in the lives of people I don't even know. Mostly, I keep reading because I like seeing how people live and function in different cultures. I still feel it is silly the way people root for popularity on blogs. Why would anyone want total unknowns to give a pat on the back or a verdict of okayness? What difference does it make anyway? I like it when people comment on my blog, but thats just about it. I'm naturally taciturn, moody and totally asocial, so I simply don't get people who are not. Heh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home