Thursday, December 23, 2004

You aint going nowhere and random mom story

Happy Holidays people, except that I just have one day's holiday tomorrow. Still, that makes a longish weekend and one that I am determined to make use of completely. So, I have booked myself in the spa for a Thai massage, mani-pedi and a hair treatment session. I am already happy in anticipation.

I am spending the new year in a tropical place where I can shop till I drop and party like there's no tomorrow. I can't wait to leave and now I'm counting the days.

Few months ago, I visited my parents. Before setting out for shopping, mom wanted to pop in to the school she teaches in and asked me to come along with her. Last weekend, while I and mom were at dinner she told me, "Many people asked me who that beautiful girl was, who accompanied me to school that day." My heart leapt up because usually I am referred to as "that plump girl". Then just as my joy was expanding to cover the universe, mom says, "It must be the kurta you were wearing plumpie, can I borrow it once you are bored with it?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home