Sunday, January 09, 2005

Garlic saves the day

Nestle should be held responsible for thrusting bland, inedible starch down the gullets of people stupid enough to buy instant Maggi noodles. I hate Maggi. I eat Top Ramen instead, not that it is any better, still. I have been experimenting for the past one year to see what can be added to Chicken flavoured smoodles to make them more edible. Don't say it, I know I am truly mad, and I am a person possessed when it comes to making ground-breaking inventions of the non-profitable, useless kinds. I have tried adding chives, onion, green chilli, peppers, black pepper, worchestershire sauce, hot sauce, soy, onions, pieces of chicken, chicken curry and mushroom soup powder (the vilest of the lot) in different permutations and combinations. I bought the chicken flavour all year long just for experimentation. Most of the time, after tasting, I would flush down the entire contents of the saucepan. Tonight, I discovered the one secret ingredient that makes smoodles edible - garlic paste and once the noodles are cooked, a sprinkle of garlic flakes. Now I can finally stop buying chicken smoodles. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home