Sunday, January 16, 2005

Stepford Wives

Few days back, I attended a garden party and some ladies who were friends of friends were invited since the attendees needed to be an even mix of men and women. I had my first encounter with hard-core corporate wives who gave me the once-over to check out the women their husbands dealt with on a day to day basis. (Not my words, I actually overheard one of the ladies say this to another one) My designer togs (one weeks' salary and something that I know I looked good in, since I always get compliments when I wear this particular dress) were described as "mix-and-match", my shoes as "Bata?" (3.5 days salary and not Bata, though some of my Bata shoes are not bad at all) and one of my brightest female colleague was asked if she worked as a typist. What is it with these women anyways? I would have felt offended but I only felt pity and sorrow for women who need to be nasty to women almost half their age and less privileged than them.

The party was fun, I met interesting and intelligent people (both men and women) and it would have been perfect had I not heard those nasty women's snide remarks. I have often told people that faces reflect souls and that nastiness shows on faces and I wanted to let these women know that maybe they would have fewer wrinkles if they were pleasanter to other women. Its true, I have actually noticed that women who are beautiful inside have pleasanter faces than the ones who are nasty and mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home