Saturday, November 26, 2005

RAPID CHANGE - New Food Blog Hits the Internet

Heh! I love food, eating and cooking. Though my blog has been good for ranting and raving and getting the bile out of my system, I have been toying with the idea of starting on food posts mostly. I do plan to rant and rave, but with food in focus.

I mostly start cooking late at night when the fancy strikes, because I am a singleton and I can do weird things and I finally have a niceish kitchen that allows such madcap ventures. I don't have an oven yet, and I'm yearning to bake, but that will have to wait for atleast 3 months now.

Anyway....

The theme of my food posts will always be the same - cooking after midnight to relieve the stress and to unwind. However, I shall also post restaurant/ food delivery/ catering reviews mostly of restaurants in Calcutta and also wherever my job takes me.

I'm too impatient and mostly crap at plating, so I'll give that a pass, but since I do have a camera, there will always be pictures, even though I mostly suck at food pics.

I also can't follow recipes and I keep tweaking them, but now, I am realising that sometimes it pays not to tweak and am trying to stick to original recipes as far as possible. Most of my recipes would be original or stuff that is cooked the way my mom cooks (which is ironical, because now, she doesn't cook being a pseudo VIP and all that) and so would be an amalgamation of cooking styles from UP (Uttar Pradesh), Bengal and a hint of Punjab. That said, I love South East Asian food and so what I cook would be a crazy mixture of influences. I like to call it "Indian Cosmopolitan" but this is meant for fun, so we don't need to get too het up, do we?

This also doesn't mean that I won't write about other stuff, but food would be definitely be the focus.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we treated to recipes as well? And of course, pictures help, because then I know what it should actually have looked like....

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

Ummm... Yes

I take terrible pics, but I would be posting the accompanying pics unless of course it looks yucky. Then, I shall just say, "It was so yummy, I forgot to take pics. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home