Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Clothes Line Saga

Any working woman in India values her household help and will fight tooth and nail to prevent poaching. If it wouldn't be for my maids, my driver, my dhobi (ironing guy), my electrician and my plumber, I would be in a perpetual state of anxiety. I'm really bad, and I couldn't stop laughing at the deep silence at the other end of the line when I asked my sister if her housekeeper was keeping her options open about working in Calcutta.

Mwahahahahahahahaha....

I don't know what was more entertaining, scaring my sister about poaching her help or manipulating my nephew to make him say, "Mausi, you are the most beautiful girl." I don't want my nephew to grow up right now, he's at the most entertaining stage of his life (for me) when he's gullible enough to be manipulated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home