Monday, July 04, 2005

Is This What I've Travelled Half-way Around The Globe For?

After my conference in Munich, I had a one-day, last minute trip to Brussels for a meeting. After the meeting and lunch, I had the day to spend as I liked. Out came the Lonely Planet and since my Hotel was walking distance from the Mannekin Pis, I set out to see for myself the great Belgian tourist trap. Imagine my shock and disappointment when I finally reached the spot and realised that the statue was no more than a foot tall! My colleagues hooted with laughter at the look on my face and my incredulity. I shall never believe any Belgian again. Never, ever, ever.

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, well think yourself lucky. I will be going to a themed party in a week or two where one has to dress as "a famous Belgian". What? I mean, what? Who should I pick? If I was going to be Mannekin Pis, at 6!2" I'm probably going to be a little tall (I could be both vulgar and self-deprecating and say genital size is spot on though....)

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

umm.... I guess you'd be somewhat hairy as Hercule Poirot?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home