Thursday, August 11, 2005

May I Help You?

Earlier this year, I had gone to San Diego for a conference. I shopped like a mad woman, and had to buy an extra suitcase on the day of my return. My flight back was via Los Angeles, and I was flying from San diego to LA. Apparently, all short flights from San Diego are routed through a specific terminal irregardless of the airline. Except, I didn't know that and I got dropped at the wrong terminal. I had to take an airport bus back and had to load all my luggage on a trolley. In the USA, one pays for trolleys (Snootily looking down my nose) and since that was my last day in the USA, I spent the last of my change on candy. So, there I was at a wrong terminal, with mountains of luggage, no change and my flight soon to depart. I tried using my credit card for the trolley but for some reason it just wouldnt work. Nevermind that it worked fine just 2 hours later at LAX. So, I started scouting for pennies on my person and discovered I was a dollar short. I was ready to burst into tears, when a tall, hulky security guard walked past and asked me if I needed help. Desperately, I shook my head and told him I was a dollar short and that my credit card was not working. He reached into his wallet, inserted a dollar in the slot, smiled and said, "There you go miss, who says chivalry is dead?" Then he strode away smiling and beaming at the world, not even waiting to hear me say thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home