Thursday, April 20, 2006

What Does Freedom Mean To You?

I asked la familia this question by texting them few weeks ago.

Mother: Why do you want to know?

Sister: Deep Silence..... When I asked her why she didn't answer, she pretended she never got the message.

Brother: Are you okay?

Madder: Freedom to speak my mind and to fuck monolithic IT co and have the last laugh. No, but seriously, freedom is the ultimate blah, blah, blah.....

I ask this because I feel free and I have in the recent past met people who are not. I mean they are apparently free but not free to speak their minds, without fear of any repercussion and I really want to know what my peer group feels about freedom. (By peer group I mean anyone who visits my blog)

4 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger whatsinaname said...

In a broad sense, you are free when you can express yourself (speak and act) and the audience doesn't mind if it is not of their taste and don't make you feel guilty for what you said.
I think when we drill down, again there are different definitions in each areas and they mean different - political freedom, economical freedom, religious freedom, etc.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freedom means Fucking your grandmother while her doggy watches at the end of the bed, that fuckin bastard! Freedom means your mother is allowed to lick granny's vaginal juices off my cock and balls 'fore I throw her back on the plane.
Feedom means I can pee on you in the shower. Cause thats what Freedom is all about, its about choices. . . or something like that. Anyway, who gives a shit!

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Sinfully Pinstripe said...

It's a myth, please, freedom is. Often, there are times when I feel that I could not be more free. The feeling lasts for about a week at most.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.::Freedom means civil liberties and human rights, but also having the power and ability to assume responsability::.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home