Saturday, November 25, 2006

Hummus (For Addy who asked)

Whenever I have people over for dinner at my place, I make Hummus because it takes 2 minutes. Sorry, I have no pictures, but this recipe is the one I follow.

Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves
salt to taste
250 gms cooked chick-peas (chole/ garbanzo beans)
1/3 cup well stirred tahini (Available everywhere now even in Calcutta, I know you get it C3)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, or to taste
1/2 cup olive oil, or to taste
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
2 tablespoons pine nuts (I sometimes use walnuts also), toasted lightly

Accompaniment: Pita Crisps or any crackers

Method:
In a food processor purée all the ingredients together. Simple, or what? I actually add extra olive oil and paprika or chilli flakes.

Serve the hummus with the pita or crackers.

I also use the hummus as a topping for my sandwiches and grill them. With a slice of bacon, tomato and an onion slice, it does really well.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger oddity said...

thanks. looking for those eversince i have seen 'border cafe' -- addy (?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home