Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Ideal Celebration

I had to take an exam exactly a month ago. It was a certification exam and since this is an anonymous blog, I will not say of what. Nevertheless, it was an industry sector that I was completely unfamiliar with. In addition, it was scheduled on a day, the night before of which I was to arrive from Washington DC, before which I was travelling for work and had no time to study for the exam. So, during my flight time first from Vancouver to Washington DC and then from Washington DC to Calcutta, I studied for the exam. I reached home at 2:00 am, logged onto the Net, started taking mock tests and studied the whole night. My exam was at 11:00 am, and I took it, passed it with a first (meaning scoring atleast 60%, which gradewise would be a B-) and heaved a sigh of relief, since it was another thing over and done with.

Now, I would not have posted this but for two reasons. Both reasons being the two people who were also supposed to appear for the exam and who sneered at me ALL the time, making me nervous. Well, both of them took the exam yesterday and flunked.

So, I feel like a minor celebration and in my mind, the ideal way would be with oysters and a bottle of champagne. Considering that the availability of oysters in Calcutta is down to nil, this pic of the excellent oysters I ate in Vancouver at Granville Island should suffice, while I gulp champagne. Salut!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, been there too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home