Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Our Conversation Was Short and Sweet

How is one supposed to react when someone totally out of the blue, shows you pictures of their grandchild? I mean someone at work? I don't know how to react. I normally say, "Oh! What a darling! What's his/ her name?" After that, I am at a loss of words and I don't know what to say next.

People also confide shocking, embarassing details to me like, "You will be happy to know that my son was conceived in India." I mean, why would I want to know that? Given the fact that something must be lost in translation, due to the confidantee not being a native English speaker... However, HOW is one supposed to react to that?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because Beta,

Once one has finished popping out childryn, and then forcing them into better jobs than the neighbors childryn and arranging matches for them better than ones sisters childryn what more is there to do but force THEM to pop out grandkids and bask in reflected adoration ?

I still haven't forgiven you for the shit storm you stirred up for no conceivable reason what so ever two weeks ago, and don't even randomly try to justify it. You know who keeps calling up you know who on a daily basis claiming that I am dieing of a secret disease (*), so I'm thinking he is projecting much but who has to deal with all the fall out ? Me.

Sigh.

.MV

(*) I am not dieing of a secret disease, in fact I am not dieing at all. My precious, precious CD4 Helpers have doubled in the last week, so all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home