Tuesday, February 12, 2013

This Year My Word is Yes (Probably)

If I still have any regular readers, you may have thought I have stopped posting. The past year was a difficult, bittersweet, stressful year and most of every week, I would open a new post and pour my heart out, but not publish anything, because I could not bring myself to be positive and I did not want this blog to be a depression diary.

The reason, as some of you may know was a battle that stretched longer than it should have, and drained me emotionally, physically, mentally and also financially. Thing is, I finally won. So, there is something to be said in favour of being positive and not losing hope. Though, I lost hope many times and was ready to quit and run away more than 4 times. Thanks to a very supportive and loving family, SO and support staff, I was able to make it through. Thank you for making me feel like a superstar when I was actually feeling soiled, torn and conflicted. Sometimes, even though I fought with each and everyone of you, your voice at the other end of the telephone strengthened me. My people, most of who do not even know about the existence of this blog, Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now that my oscar acceptance speech is over, we can get on, yes? Most of you also know how stubborn I can be and how resistant I can be to change, especially when the decision is not mine. The last year has taught me to be open, have faith, push myself and accept whatever comes my way with an open attitude. So, this year, rather than being set in my ways, I will change. I will say yes to new experiences, change of places, change of people, change of anything purely to experience change. I will not hold back, I will try and not hesitate.

This "Yes" business occurred to me during my last holiday in which I did lots of stuff I had always wanted to, but never got around to, due to shyness, inhibitions, lack of company and various other silly reasons. So, I finally crossed off few more things on my "Things to do before I die" List and I ziplined, did pottery classes, did cooking and baking classes, gambled and made newer friends. I had a lot of fun.

If any of you want a story about my crazy family, a list or two, a rant about Indian men, recipes, do let me know. I will be happy to oblige. You see, this is my year of saying, "Yes"!


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, please share some details of your life and family..you sound like such an interesting person :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home