Monday, March 29, 2004

Sistahsuzy

Hi folks! I will be posting for plumpie while she's away.I have three passions in life- oriental food, movies and my 3 1/2 year old son.All of which will be very obvious in my forthcoming posts.So here we go!
I spend all of Saturday with a friend's wife. Drove around town, went shopping, watched "sex and the city" (I can only do that with a girlfriend) ate lunch in a new restaurant in town called " new yorker" (I live in Pune).The only new yorkish thing about the place is the New York skyline painted on one of the walls and it has the twin towers in it.The food there is vegetarian (Jain versions available). It is a regular mix of Italian, Lebanese, Mexican and Indian. We had Hummus with Pita bread as starters and Falafels and spaghetti with an onion cheese sauce as main course Hummus was very nice (almost as good as mine which I make for my food fanatic husband : he has it for breakfast) and well presented , but what took the cake was the sizzling brownie with icecream, though the waiter poured too much of the chocolate sauce on it.
Sunday was a leisurely day. Helped my son paint a Tee-shirt for my father-in-law all morning, went on my weekly piligrimage to Shivaji Market- Pune's answer to Mumbai's Crawford market.Made baked chicken with mushrooms and green beans and zucchini salad for dinner and crashed out watching a feel good flick called "Under the Tuscan Sun" .A perfect weekend. Touche!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home