Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Games People Play

I have very few good friends. I am a very asocial creature and I am most happy when I am reading and playing music on my own. I hate being interrupted and I can forgive the interruptor only if I like the person a lot, or else I feel bugged about my space being invaded. These days I hardly have any spare time and I resent anyone wasting my time. On the other hand, I go to lengths to maintain the few friendships that I do have. Sometimes though my friends can be aggravating, very aggravating.

I am somewhat of a scatterbrain. I am bad with papers and money and I completely blank out sometimes, however when I see the colossal mess my friend Ponappa creates around herself, I feel I am better off. My friend Ponappa is two-timing and sadly I am the confidant which makes it slightly rich. Now, one of the person involved is also a friend and the other is of course Jackie/ Jacqui. Ponappa asked me for advice since she felt all messed up. I am notoriously insensitive and seeing the resultant mess asked Ponappa to dump both the babes and cite academic overtures as a reason. That always works, I should know, I have first hand experience. I met Jackie/ Jacqui when I was in Delhi and I did not love her wildly. She's an ok sorts, but somewhat tiring and very high maintenance. Now, Ponappa in private told me that she was proceeding with my advice since she wasn't really in love with either of the two ladies and so I was not overly enthusiastic with both of them and then, I went out to lunch with Ponappa and the other flame who is not Jackie/ Jacqui. What do I see? Ponappa and OFNJ (other flame not Jackie/ Jacqui) coochie-cooing and going all mushy and syrupy. Half an hour ago, the self-same Ponappa told me she was having a problem with this babe being all over her. What the f***? How was I supposed to react? Worse of all they appropriated my nickname and were lisping it all over to display their limitless love and affection to each other. On instant messenger I told Ponappa that I found her behaviour bizarre and she told me that I scared people away because I was too upfront about my opinions and I did not sugarcoat truths. This is the same Ponappa who values "honesty" and "trust" in a relationship. Sure, whatever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home