Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Sugar and Ice

I have bad hair days. Yesterday was a bad skin day. I wanted to get out of my skin and stay outside for a long, long time.

I don't like housemates and I think I have to ask Ruhi to leave if I want our friendship to survive. For one, I can't tolerate her food habits anymore. Everything has to be deep-fried and sweet, even the curries and I can't stand the incessant whingeing. Why are women so irritating?

Yesterday, I returned home late in the night from work and thought I'd like some grilled fish and salad for dinner. Thankfully, Ruhi agreed and said she'd pan-fry hers. Not a problem as long as I don't have to eat oil. Now, the day before Ruhi had bought a nice plump rohu and stuffed it in the freezer without cleaning it or distributing it into portions the way I do. As a result the freezer froze all the excess water and the fish was trapped behind a wall of ice. Evening saw me stabbing the freezer for all I was worth with a butter knife to loosen the ice. This went on for 25 minutes and finally after showering choice abuses on the the refridgerator, the fish and the whole world, I managed to pry the fish out. Maybe I should turn vegetarian afterall?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home