Monday, September 06, 2004

Trip the light fantastic

I have been working out very regularly for the past 2 weeks. I run/walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes everyday, work out on the elliptical trainer for 10 minutes, do floor exercises for 10 minutes and swim for 30 to 40 minutes everyday. I can now swim 2 laps without feeling out of breath and bushed. Every day I would mount the scales and find no change. I was disappointed, but I knew that the fat I have accumulated over the years will take months to either burn or turn into muscle.

Yesterday, I was in for a shock. It seems as if I have lost 3 pounds (approx 1.35 kgs!). I can't see where, since it is certainly not from the area around my waist (and yes, I do have areas around my waist, much to my shame and horror), or my thighs, the bane of any "traditionally built" Indian woman. I am feeling much better than I have in ages. I feel light, relaxed and calm despite shitloads of work. My thighs, calf muscles and shoulders are giving me hell today, but I still can't wait for the day to get over and to work out in the gym.

Maybe, the svelte and sexy will not just be an inside joke anymore? Maybe, all my 4 inch stilettoes will carry a much lighter me? Maybe, I can fit into my old 28" waist jeans? Maybe, my enthusiasm will peter out and I will feel there is no point to it anyway and abandon the working out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home