Monday, August 30, 2004

Confessions of a shopaholic

I have re-discovered shopping on the Internet. I now see the point to it. Since my life has started resembling a mad-cap circus, I have no time to go shopping. Isnt that sad? I dont even have the time to do grocery or food shopping and that sucks. So, I mostly end up ordering it to be delivered at home. I think some Indian shopping sites, namely rediff and Indiatimes, have shaped up pretty well. They deliver on time and most of the stuff is not excellent, but will do. The best deals though, are usually the flowers, sweets and books. It is a huge plus for a forgetful person like me. Now, I make the purchase whenever I remember anyone's birthday or festivals, and schedule the delivery date accordingly. Since all my friends and family stay in other cities, no one can complain that I have forgotten important dates, thus making me seem Godlike and blessed with superhuman memory. All the brownie points are now mine! Heh!

Now, I have finally started buying stuff for myself too. Stuff that normally I would have to go shopping for - like books, music and kitchenware. I have ordered a set of three books by Alexander McCall Smith - The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Tears of the Giraffe and Morality for Beautiful Girls. I read the reviews in the Asian Age many, many moons back and am now finally close to reading the books. Is it just me or does anyone else feel excited at the thought of goodies in the mail? I just can't wait for the books to be delivered.

And no, I am not being paid for all the gratuituous links, though I wish I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home