Saturday, July 09, 2005

Sticks And Stones

The one thing that most women who are part of my family or extended family always use to fling back at me, often when I have been rude or nasty, is that I wouldn't know better because I'm a dismal failure as a human being because I don't have a man in my life. This never ceases to amaze me because the reason I don't is because I see how shabbily Indian men treat their spouses or partners and nothing will make me get into a relationship where I have to compromise my principles.

Relationships are over-rated and it is hard for many people to realise that those staying on their own are actually pretty happy. It is a matter of choice and if I do not ridicule anyone else's choices, why do people do it to me? Since when did men become so important? It seems most women have had a severe by-pass of emancipation and pride in the fact that despite being a man's world, one can still have a happy and fulfilled life sans relationships. I'm not dissing relationships, and I'm sure they make people very happy, but for some happiness exists even without them.

Few words that have stopped bothering or hurting me are: spinster and bitch.

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

I'm almost 29. And ALL men after the age of 27 are indeed someone's husband in this town. In fact, now that 30 is not too far off, I have officially been designated "THE Frustated Spinster".

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressesed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home