Sunday, October 30, 2005

Desolation Row

Despite the fact that I hated Delhi's culture (or rather lack of), boorish natives and rudeness and brusqueness, I have fond memories. It must have been the romance of college, youth and the feeling of standing on the brink of things to come. I remember sauntering down sarojini nagar, shopping, slurping on fruit slushes and drinking juice. Watching TV day before and yesterday, bought those scenes back to me, except I was scared, horrified and disgusted. This is the time of the year when festivities start in India. Everyone is on the Diwali/ Id buzz, including myself. Targetting people at this time seems just so disgusting, what kind of people are these? I wonder who to thank for the bloodiest, blackest Diwali ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home