Friday, January 13, 2006

Prawns and Garlic


I can't resist prawns, lobsters, crayfish, basically anything belonging to the crustacean family. So, my weekend shopping (when I get to do it) always contains prawns or lobsters and very occassionally crabs.

I mentioned earlier that I am a very, very lazy cook. So I usually cook fish and seafood with the bare minimum of fuss and often ingredients because fresh seafood does not really require excessive flavouring. More often than not, I hurl prawns in hot olive oil with garlic, squeeze some lemon over it, salt and one chopped herb, either parsley or coriander.

I was shopping for fish yesterday and I just had to buy some prawns that my fishmonger recommended. I'm sorry the pictures are crap, I am a lousy photographer, but this recipe rocks and it is easy to prepare and cook.

Ingredients:

500 gms prawns shelled and de-viened
2 cloves garlic sliced
Salt to taste
Lime/ Lemon
Chopped coriander/ cilantro (1 talespoon)
Olive oil


Method:

In a wok, griddle, kadhai heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add garlic, cook until they start turning light golden, add prawns, cook for 3-4 minutes until done, sprinkle salt to taste, take off heat. Squeeze some lime juice, sprinkle chopped coriander and enjoy with Bread (like I did).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home