Sunday, July 16, 2006

Why I Adore Older Men

And absolutely hate men my age.

1. Older men are better looking. Seriously, men look better as they age, so do some women, but the percentage of men looking better is higher.
2. Stopping the goddamned competition. Case in point - I discover, not one, not two, but 3, THREE IITians in my salsa class. Seriously people, what are the chances? What? ALL three asked me what I did, which college I went to and if I did my masters or bachelors from the IITs. Seriously, what are the chances and why me? Why God, why? Contrast it with this seriously sexy older guy I keep meeting (sadly at work) - first question ever, (non-work related) older guy asks me is, "Do you like travelling?" Notice, young men, that's an opening. We spoke for 2 hours over dinner. I had a lovely evening and older guy has charmed me into possibly more dinners and conversations.
3. Not being obssessed with being thin. I'm saying this because I'm plump and I find men my age calling me fat and being rude. I guess as men age, their "standards" drop or they have some sense kicked into their upper storeys?

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Thinking it over, we older men are probably better at conversation because (not to put too fine a point on it) we may be a little ... ummmm, fatigued for anything else.
As for the tolerance of fuller body-types, we learn the wisdom of "Judge not, that ye be not judged".

Sadly enough, not all men look better as they grow older. Some day I shall tell you about my batchmate (who is now this seriously hot BABE at 40-plus) who told me I used to be hot back when we were in training. 16 years too late. GAH!

J.A.P.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

Well, I was not hot when I was younger, nor do I foresee any increase in hotness in the future, but I can imagine how much that might have hurt.

Its like this junior of mine telling me in college, "your face is so sweet, who cares about the err... fat?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home