Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Love The French

I made friends with two french ladies in Italy, yes Italy. It gave me an insight into the french. This is how women should be. They both (I made friends with them independently) appreciated clothes (my beautiful leather jackets were appreciated very solidly, while I admired their interesting bohemian inspired clothes), make up - They did not know about MAC and when I said Estee Lauder, they snorted derisively and said, "Oh! Estee Laudayr!", food (including dessert, I am surprised - American women I am scared of dining with because they do not eat and when they do, it is either organic or vegan or only fish or they are allergic to whatever's on the menu - egad! French women on the other hand eat everything and will try all kinds of food and discuss it endlessly. My kind of women), wine (one of them knocked off 5 glasses of red wine without any perceptible side-effects), the arts and did not go for jogging at 5 am everyday. Also, they are non-politically correct, opinionated, gossip and are intimately interested and curious about everyone else's affairs. If the French were Indian, they would be Bengali, I am completely convinced of this.

9 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...,i thought u did not like bengali women!

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Allow me to take the credit for this French-are-the-lost-tribes-of-Bengal theory. First expounded to you over a year ago, when we were First Invited.

J.A.P.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well of COURSE the froggies are bongs. Pretentia unites nations across all boundaries.

And while we are on the subject of abject stereotypes, can I just point out that Icelandic women as a group are the worst dressed people I have ever seen. They somehow manage to look like Russian mail order brides, if RMOBs had only a few hours of daylight to see by during the day, and then got ridden hard and put away wet.

.MV

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger kiwiandkitsch said...

Bengalis and french..ha ha ha great one sis!!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Oh puhleez! Estee Lauder is pronounced exactly as it is written, Estee Lauder (with an accent on the last e in Estee). Estee was Eastern European and there's no reason to pronounce her name in any other way (trust the French to do so though).

As a Bong, I'd hate to think that the Bengalis are the French of India - hopefully this is an opinion that is not widely shared (and I have French friends and very dear they are, but they are hardly the stereotypical French). Italians on the other hand - oh, you can call me Italian any day!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

Thalassa, why not?
Where do we have the maximum amount of strikes in Europe? France, and in India? Bengal. Where are people naturally inclined to arts and culture in europe? France, and in India? Bengal. Where are people delightfully quirky, passionate and are existentially angsty in Europe? France, in India? Bengal.

Italians are NOT at all bengali. Most Italians are happy and most Bengalis are not.

And, Thalassa sweets, EVERYTHING is pronounced the french way, you just have not met enough frenchies if you don't know that already.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

Also, while we are at it, this blog is NOT about you and your friends dear Thalassa, though you sometimes seem to certainly think so when you do comment. It is about me and my life experiences, however limited I/they may be.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

Anonymous: I don't like 99% people, bengali women are but a subset.

JAP: Yes, I do indeed remember and I think that theory made me relate even more.

Varsha: So, you *finally* remembered me?

Suzy: So you too agree?

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Snarky much? I've commented on your blog a total of 2-3 times, so it's pretty amusing that you see a pattern there.

I do think though that you're spot on about the nature and extent of your experiences.

Carry on love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home