Sunday, February 18, 2007

Potato Potahto

What I eat everyday is a curious mish-mash of Indian, Thai and chinese cuisines. Indian - because thats what is my native cuisine, Thai - because thats my favourite cuisine and Chinese - because that's my next favourite cuisine and because the ingredients are easily available here. I also have started cooking Italian and french food but that is rare because I still do not have a satisfactory oven. My refridgerator is stuffed with Lee Kum Kee sauces, various kinds of pesto, cheese and preserves. If I have to cook a special meal for someone, it will often be chinese and thai inspired. When I want comfort food, I make arhar dal, rice and bhindi bhaji OR rajma chawal.

I bought a table top grill 3 days ago and since then, I have been grilling veggies, prawns and fish. This has further added a newer dimension to my cooking patterns, a very welcome one in fact.

The point I am trying to make is that my food habits have altered a lot ever since my exposure to other countries and cultures increased and I have been cooking lesser and lesser of Indian food. So, the question that is weighing on my mind is whether I should post only Indian food recipes on my blog, or post only recipes and food posts, or post whatever comes to mind, the way I have been doing? After thinking and deliberating, I have realised that this blog is as much about me, and the effort involved in hosting more than one blog is more than I can handle at the moment. So, excuse the personal posts folks, once I have the luxury of time, I will probably host multiple blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home