Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sangriaaah!!!!

This is my favourite thing to do with leftover red wine. I drink red wine only now because I like it and because I can convince myself that it is actually good for me. So, I normally have loads of open red wine bottles that I simply do not have the heart to empty in the sink.


Anyway, this is my recipe with ALL Indian ingredients.

Ingredients:
1 bottle of Sula Satori or Grover's La Reserve (750 ml) Red wine
Pineapple juice - 250 ml
Orange juice - 150 ml
1 orange (I use kino, but any thin skinned orange is good) sliced thin lengthwise
1 gandharaj lemon sliced thin legthwise
1 peach or 4 plums or 5 strawberries pitted and cut into chunks (any berries will do, even black grapes are ok. I like to use green apples also)
Juice of 2-3 limes
Sprite - 400 ml (as cold as possible)
Lots of ice

Method:
Mix the wine, pineapple and orange juice, the cut fruit atleast 4-5 hours or overnight before serving. Chill. Before serving, add lime juice and cold, cold sprite. Mix well. Top with lots of ice.

Salud!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Where can you find gandharaj lemons in the USA? What are they called here?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home