Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sex, Sex, Sex, Sex

NOW lets see the comments pouring in.....

Heh!

What is it about single people that intrigues everyone? I attended a social gathering the other day. I was secretly petrified, but a shot of Myers rum before leaving home, greatly increased my confidence. Heh! Never let it be said that I am not resourceful. Anyway, I meander. It so happens that most people in the social do were old. The average age was 65, this after 2 teenagers and I tipped the balance, so you can imagine.Anyway...

I consider the event successful because thanks to Myers, when asked what plans I had of marriage by a nosy old biddy (so what if she calls me babyface?) without missing a beat, I replied, "not in a million years". Thankfully, most of the other people were a sweet, indulgent lot.

What irked me was that another singleton was being pestered by someone about her boyfriends, because the chappie couldn't believe that women could survive without men. When this happened, both of us "spinsters" glanced at each other and we shared a very brief moment of empathy. She seemed to be saying, "This is what it amounts to - nobody even asks you just how you manage to be successful, they just want to know who you bang." Banging is easy, climbing the ladder, not. Especially if at every bloody rung, people surmise and speculate about your sexual likes and supposed perversions.

3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She bang she bang, oooooh, she move she move.

Ahem.

Sorry, all that talk of classic '80s music and what.

I forgot to tell you, that who crawled out of the woodwork but John; Yohaan who sent me like 25 IM bitching and moaning about how reprehensible my behavior was, and how many new friends he had, and how taxing their lives had become due to my erstwhile shenanigans. My response was like "dude, ok."

.MV

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

WHAT? DOES HE EVEN EXIST NOW? BTW, weren't the erstwhile shenanigans very "erstwhile"? Kindly ask him to FO.

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought about it, and then I was "um, do I really give a flying fuck about what J; Y thinks and bitches about ?" and I really didn't so I just kept IMing back "ok" and letting him rant.

I suspect that if I had actually become hostile or engaged in the conversation, that would have made his day.

.MV

 

Post a Comment

<< Home