Friday, June 22, 2007

Beta, When I Make Friends With People, I Look at Their Feet First

Those words have been repeated endless number of times by my mother and my late grandmother. Unconsciously, I have imbibed my mother's snobbery and I too find myself checking out people's feet when I first meet them. I am manic about my feet, even more after my disorder that caused blood clots on my feet and have a pedicure once a month and moisturise my feet more religiously than I moisturise my face! My disorder is hopefully waning and I finally have the courage to wear shoes without stockings, but I will always avoid wearing open shoes or sandals, as I can't bear to dirty my feet.

On last count, I have 55 pairs of shoes. At one point of time, I had 85 pairs, but then, I noticed that I didn't wear most of them, and gave away 10 pairs. My most comfortable pair is a pair of Coccinelle pumps that I bought from Italy. This pair makes it possible for me to wear 3 inch heels all day long at work, without my feet aching and swelling up at the end of the day. I have worn these shoes for hours and not got blisters, bites or corns. I tried to look up the shoes on their website, but the website sucks and I couldn't find anything on it. However, you can check out the beautiful coccinelle goods HERE. I can't wait to buy my second pair.

I used to wonder what the huge deal about Italian shoes was until I bought this pair. I am changing my shoe habit now. I will only buy shoes that treat my feet kindly. This pair of shoes is not as expensive as some of my other shoes, and this surprises me a lot.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, thats like whatever. I only have seven pairs of shoes that I currently wear, thats not including my sandals which I lou and are tres adoreable. But thats just to be expected.

I only had six pairs of shoes, until YouKnowWho (who underwent the rather drastic makeover) pointed out that my favorite pair of boots didn't match my other accoutrements. How Mor-Ti-Fying.
I ran out the next day, well not ran, I was chaffuered to, being so fab and all, to get a new pair which I now wear and thinking of it I still have only 6 pairs of shoes, since my ex-favorite boots have been exiled to a spot behind the bed.

Segue, but Richard showed up last night having dyed his beard to cover the white, and I most sweetly said "oh honey, that midlife crisis looks SO good on you" and he rolled his eyes at me. Some people just can't accept compliments gracefully.

.MV

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger kiwiandkitsch said...

my India size is 5.. there you go, my this years birthday present. Beige would be good, black would do to.. he he he !!

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Meddem, heb yu ebhaar tried Khadim's?

J.A.P.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

Varsha: 6 is too much for you. All you need is black and brown. Seriously.

KK: What's with the name change??? Umm... ok. It will be black, since you know how I feel about beige, right?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

KK: BTW, did I tell you how thankful I am that you are a size 5? hehehehehe. If you were size 6 like me, I could never boast about my shoes. Remember college?

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets see. Mmm what do I have ?

Black leather boots, Brown buckskin boots, Black and grey casual shoes, Black and brown casual shoes, Black formals, Maroon formals, Black and beige casuals, White and red casuals.
This is of course not including any of my "athletic" shoes or sandals.

How can two consecutive saturdays be the happiest and saddest days of my lyfe ? T.H. spent all evening yesterday yearning for some overly muscled marine and looking through me. sigh.

Brokenheartedly yours,
.MV

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

P'Nickel, the Commotion thinks I'm trying to score with you. How twee.

She may need (a) a further pair of boots you know where (b) to get some herself.

... and thanks for all the fish.

J.A.P.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J.AP, thanks for the suggestion. As Pumpernickel already knows, I did get some this weekend. And then some more, and how.
But as she still also knows and is MAINTAINING A STONY SILENCE ABOUT, there was a slight...er, issue, in both cases.

I don't know about the new boots, but I did go out and get my Vicodin prescription filled even though Im not in any pain at all. Maybe the narcotics will help my achy heart.

.MV

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Gia Fernandes said...

Hey! Just leaving my url for you to check out. Was great talking to you today.

Gia

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

I'm not maintaining a stony silence, my home PC exploded and I was getting it fixed. YES, EXPLODED! The power outlet got busted somehow.

So, MV, you've been getting some.... Nice to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home