Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Have You Ever Seen The Rain

Now, I really, really think CCR is very overrated, but damn, this always cheers me up. Could be the happy memories associated with this song, like painting, like stargazing and seeing Saturn rings for the first time ever on a chilly October night, stealing kisses, getting up at the crack of dawn and being bathed in the pinkness and getting feet wet in the morning dew, eating orange lollies on a hot summer day, watching cricket matches and annoying everyone else by making observations that made no sense and having cushions-pens-pencils thrown.

What is life without the one great romance that is bad, bad, bad for you but makes you smile long after it is over? The one which makes static, is breathless, makes the days rush past, makes you want to paint-sing-dance-run-write torrid love letters (that you regret and pray have been destroyed later), makes all subsequent loves slightly less intense (and is probably better that way for the sake of sanity), makes you smile like an idiot, glow like a lighthouse, and makes you shed copious tears on closure.

I miss it. I'm very glad its over, but I miss not dancing the night away and the rock n' roll stars. I miss being 21. I will be 31 soon and its been 10 years. I can hardly believe it. I have a lot of regrets, I would do a lot of things differently if I had to do them over again, but not the Great Romance. That I would not undo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home