Monday, February 02, 2004

Bangla Ranna

Bangla Ranna means Bengali cuisine. I can't have enough of it. Yesterday, I finally made my way to 'Bhojohari Manna', Gautam Ghose's place. The call it a pice hotel, meaning the food is cheap. When I reached, after my walk, there was a huge crowd all waiting to get in. So, I went in, placed an order for takeaway and took the easy way out. I got aloo-jheenge posto (potato -zucchini bhaji with poppy seeds), shorshe begun (brinjal/ aubergine cooked with mustard sauce), Bhape ilish (hilsa fish steamed in mustard and yoghurt), bhape prawns (prawns steamed with coconut sauce), pabda jhal (pabda fish curry - pabda is a long, single bone fish) and tel koi (koi fish in gravy) - all this for a princely sum of Rs. 250. The food was very tasty too, if a tad oily. I plan to patronise Bhojohari Manna for all it is worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home