Thursday, January 29, 2004

New coat of paint

I have a horrible headache. My head feels it will burst into a million pieces any moment. Thank God for saridon!

I just realised that I follow a dress code unconsciously. It goes this way.

Everyday work - Business casuals, usually pants and blouses/shirts/ sweaters/ formal shoes and sometimes churidar kurta
Client visits - Western business formals, almost always trouser suits
Formal work socials - Indian formals, either saris or churidar kurtas
Informal work socials - trousers or skirts and tops
Meeting friends - jeans, capris, skirts, sweatsuit pants or shorts and tees
Formal socials - saris
Informal socials - anything goes, mix-and-matches

So, my friends rarely see me formally dressed. Yesterday my friends (or, since I am still pissed off with them, my so-called friends) saw me the way I go to work and they found it pretty surprising. According to them I was "dressed up". But I wasnt. I was wearing everyday work clothes. What can I do if I have a wardrobe, not to mention shoes to suit every occassion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home