Sunday, February 08, 2004

Little Nothings

I hate February. I hate it because it is the month for getting involved in horrific taxation procedures that I hate from the bottom of my heart. Anyhow what has to be done has to be done.

In the recent past, I finished 2 books, one the Murakami and the other, Sue Townsend's 'The public confessions of a middle aged woman'. The latter made for delightful reading and the former was about the Sarin gas attacks by the Aum cult in the Tokyo subways. Horrifying and creepy. Right now I am reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the rich teach their kids about money that the poor and middle class do not. It is very interesting if a trifle disconcerting.

The weekend was spent in doing the idiotic taxes and paperwork, figuring out whether or not I could actually afford to take a vacation this year like last year and cleaning up and prettying the home. The apartment looks really cute and cozy now and my favourite place to hang out has now become home. I'm planning to do up the central area that doubles as the dining cum living room as a den and get a futon for the area. I've already hooked up a chinese lamp and cleaned up the crates that were stacked on the highest shelf of the bookshelf and now the space looks lovely, atleast to me. I was debating getting plants, but I'm scared of the bugs and creepy-crawlies that always materialise out of potted plants. I've also hung up the lucky charm ze progenitors got for me from Portugal. Maybe it is just coincidence but ever since I've hooked it up, things have become somewhat more positive.

Is it just me or do I suddenly sound very domesticated?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home