Thursday, March 04, 2004

Holiday bliss!

I'm dreading going home because the pater wants to have a talk with moi. Now, that means two things. (i) They want me to check out some proposal for an arranged marriage. The last one was dealt by me with my characteristic insouciance. On email, I promised the young man that I would ignore his height if he would ignore my fat. As was expected, I thankfully didn't hear from the young man or my parents from his parents again. (ii) My father has thought of yet another retirement plan. He sucks at planning anything sensible and my suggestion that he abandon such foolhardy ventures have been met with a sulk that lasted for days. Though I know it is one of the two, I'm still dreading it. I need peace and calm and I very much doubt I would find it at my parents'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home