Monday, March 01, 2004

Celebrity spotting

Writers like coffee too. On Sunday's I try and have nice weekends. I usually go and get my hair and nails done and after that walk down to the closest Barista, have a cup of coffee and/ or a biscuit, read some magazines and lounge (usually it is not very crowded on a Sunday afternoon) and then when the place starts getting crowded leave for home.

Yesterday, I was late and when I got to Barista's it was evening and much more crowded than usual. I went up to order my coffee and there was a familiar looking fellow at the counter. I suddenly recognised the chappie, it was Amit Chaudhuri but one can never be too sure, especially if the one happens to be me. Then, the fellow gives his name as "Amit". I smiled to myself and just stopped myself from saying something idiotic like, "I liked your books." I actually did not like them as much as Amitav Ghosh's books. Now, Amitav Ghosh and me have a strange connection. I spot him once in 2 months on a regular basis and usually at Forum. The conclusion I've drawn from this is that Ghosh really likes forum or shopping, whatever. Anyway, the weird thing is that Chaudhuri looks exactly like his photographs but slightly younger. I thought he'd be older than what he is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home