Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Handbags and gladrags

Am very excited about latest developments at work. The work is as dull as ditch-water, but an extremely good source for generating revenue. I'm raring to go! For the first time in my professional career, I might actually need my father's expertise and counsel. Who would have ever thought it would come to this? Life is strange, you never know where it may take you.

Just spoke with my father. I've always shared a weird relationship with my father. He has very high expectations out of me and my siblings, though our smallest achievements please him immensely. He is also a very proud and principled man, an idealist and extremely stubborn. Sadly, I take after him and unfortunately most of our opinions clash. My father belongs to the old school of thought and I do not and my father thinks he is always right and so do I. So we have frequent arguments and sometimes i think that when I am proved right, my father feels proud and on two scant occassions has given in gracefully. Father is extremely curious as most scientists usually are and prone to rapid mood swings and absentmindedness. Now, my mother and I are close to each other, and my father gets offended and piqued to see that I confide in mom and not him. Today dad was sulking because he thought nobody cared enough for him. On further enquiries, it was found that dad wanted to be gifted CDs for Holi and not "the shirts or ties you always get for me". Talk of high-strung divas, let me introduce my father!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home