Sunday, February 22, 2004

A Day in The Life

I wish all weekends begin and end as this one. Saturday saw me working late (I'm supposed to be working only for the half day on Saturdays), then returned home and set out for the weekend errands. See, how they pile up! Picked up books from my favourite book store in this small-town then walked across to the music store to pick up music. I had to buy stuff for people and the best part was that I could sample the stuff before delivering it. Since I am educating people about the wonder, the energy and the life in jazz, the CDs duly purchased were:
1. Mongo Santamaria: Our man in Havana
2. George Benson: The Best of George Benson
3. Louis Armstrong: Greatest Hits
4. John McLaughlin with the One Truth Band
5. Soundtrack of 'The Full Monty'

The rest of the Saturday (or rather Saturday night) was spent working happily on the new PC (as opposed to the laptop), burning said CDs barring the last one on the laptop, separating my CDs neatly into music CDs and movies and filing them neatly and arranging my books alphabetically according to the authors and listening to lovely, lovely music. I had read a review of Santamaria's music somewhere but had no idea it could be so uplifting and alive. I love latin jazz. Packed the CDs for dispatching and then fell asleep.

Sunday was a mish-mash of nothingness and pampering. I woke up late, cleaned my working area (that actually consists of a coffee tale with the new PC on it) and dusting my stuff and getting the apartment/ tiny flat thoroughly cleaned. Then went and pampered myself with a head massage, a shampoo and a facial. Sadly, the female at the salon used a scrub and scrubbed my face so thoroughly that I now have abrasions on my face and am looking even more hideous. I need to forego the scrub from now on. Maybe I'll just get my face cleaned and do away with facials totally. Headed back home to find an interesting project in the offing, (I hope it all works out) and a big package of cakes and cookies (bad, bad, but thats the fun of having friends who work in the food industry). Saw Full Frontal again and read somemore and before I knew it Sunday was gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home