Monday, June 14, 2004

Die Reliance, Die!

In the days I was not using Allaince broadway, I used Reliance. My usage was high, according to Reliance and then because I was travelling I paid one bill 3 days late. I did not realise it at that time, but Reliance cut off my long distance dialling facilities. I did not notice this for about 10 days because I never used my Reliance phone to make any long distance call anyways. Apart from that one blimp, I paid my rather high bills well in time, but still my long distance calling facilities were not restored.

So, effectively I did not have services available to me for well over one month despite paying my bills in time and being a rather nice cutomer. I realised that my STD facilities were disabled when I tried calling my father few days ago. I called up reliance and asked them to restore my facilities andthe reason why they had been disabled. I was told that my usage was high and that I had not paid my bills! WTF? I promptly got my chequebook out and gave them the details of all the payments.

This has been my second unfortunate experience with Reliance. The first was in obtaining a data cable to connect my phone with my PC. They had run out of cables and did not know when the cables would be available next.

I do not know of any one else's experiences but I've had enough. I am planning to give away my Reliance phone and never ever use any of their services again. In India apparently, the customer is never the king and service providers behave as if they are doing you a great service by providing you the service in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home