Tuesday, June 08, 2004

The hunting of the snark

My estimation of Jivha went down by two notches.

I have always thought that bloggers after a point, like any other group start forming cliques and alignments. It never ceases to irritate me because I have never been a group person and I dislike groups or groupism, because nine times out of ten, groups tend to become closed and inwards-looking. I don't even understand why some stranger would want to meet me because of some shit I post on my blog. Well, some people have all the time, so its nice I guess.

I used to be nicer, but then two strange things happened. One, someone I knew started a blog and would post utter rubbish on his site making things appear the way they were not. Well, it all snowballed into an ugly incident and I had to take recourse to legal action. Shit happens and when it does there is a good chance of me being involved in it because controversy seems to love me.

Anyway, the second thing was that I met a blogger and it was all very fine until the fellow started mooching off shamelessly. I wouldn't have minded until it reached irritating degrees. The fellow would land up at weird hours and demand to be fed. With adult interactions, one expects some reciprocity and here there was none. I don't take crap easily and so I sort of had to un-know the fellow. Since the two incidents have happened I am wary of people and I know that adult people are not nice unless they want something in return. So, meeting random people just because they have a blog is not kosher in my books.

Most people project a kind of image on their blogs, the kind that they would like to be. Everytime I met a blogger I noted that they were different off the blogs. In some cases it was apparent, in some cases it was not. The differences were not always charming and in some cases glaring. Somehow I prefer meeting people who I meet in real life and not through the Internet because I have yet to meet one decent person through the net. so far, I have just met screwballs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home