Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A very satisfying evening

I went to take another look at THE painting. Actually, maybe I shouldn't have gone. The gallery owner now knows I am interested and is not showing any signs of negotiating. I couldn't help it. The painting draws me to it. I just have to have it. It reminds me of my first love. The colours, the joy, the beauty and the abandon of first discovering my body and what could be achieved by it. The come hither looks, the warm autumn colours and the sharing of secrets, looking across a room with secret eyes, the raised eyebrows and naughty smiles.

I am wondering how to begin the bargaining. Should I start by quoting a price much, much lower than I plan to go or do I quote my price and stick to it no matter what? Do I show an interest in other canvases and casually mention this one in the middle or should I be upfront about what I want? I love moving in for the kill. I love the games played. I know this one will be mine, and I love the game I will have to play to make it mine.

Just for the record, the shoe-of-the-day pic was taken right after swimming, which is why my toes look wrinkly. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home