Tuesday, May 24, 2005

French Cafe

Few weeks ago I was browsing music stores with someone I always try to impress. I frequently do things of that sort and sometimes I even succeed. I bought a CD called French Cafe. When my companion saw the CD, she raised an eyebrow and was suitably impressed. I put on an air of a chic sophisticate world traveller and pretended I was on first name terms with most of the artists listed on the CD.

I tossed it aside when I got home classifying it in my brain as pretentious world music and made mental lists of the people I could gift the CD to. About 2 weeks back, I had loads of assignments to complete and send off by a deadline and the hardwork and stress was making me cry. I needed a break from work and every book, CD and TV channel was only annoying me. I was frantic for something new and I suddenly saw the French Cafe CD. I tore the plastic covering from the CD and put the disc into my DVD player. The first song mesmerized me, the second one enchanted me and the third made me read the CD jacket. I put the CD on repeat and suddenly my stress, anxiety and biliousness disappeared and I patiently completed my asignments well on time. The music was enchanting and though I do not understand one word of French I'm planning to seek more music by the artists on that CD. What a lovely introduction to French artists! Sometimes I am glad I do idiotic things, most of my idiotic quirks have landed me wonderful experiences, and sometimes not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home