Thursday, August 25, 2005

Petty Gustatory Annoyances

I feel annoyed when women pretend they don't eat something when in reality they don't eat it because it is fattening.

I feel annoyed when people do not eat fruits and vegetables claiming to be non-vegetarians. Surely they need vitamins, minerals and fibre?

I feel annoyed when people classify greens as rabbit food.

I feel annoyed when people go on stupid diets like Atkins.

I feel annoyed when teenagers eat chocolate cake slathered with chocolate sauce and then go home and declare that they are skipping dinner or lunch or whatever.

I get annoyed when people declare that they don't like or eat something when in reality they have never even tried it before, like sushi.

I get annoyed when people run down food and cuisine in other countries just because they have rigid food habits.

I get annoyed when people force feed people who don't want to eat something.

I get annoyed when people do not appreciate fresh food.

I get annoyed when people praise crappy food or when crappy, unhealthy food is idolised - case in point, nizams kathi rolls.

I get annoyed when people don't seem to mind unhygienic conditions and sneer at people who demand them.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Oy! Live and let live!
I share a lot of yor peeves, but lay off Nizam's, rolls and all!

Inherent contradiction - you don't like people who run down food from other regions, usually without ever trying it. I share your view there. Then why beef about people who eat unhygienic food? As long as they don't make you eat it, of course. Dear child, the flora and fauna in my innards would frighten off salmonella and botulinus virii, let alone simpler stuff like e colii!

Nice to find a well-informed foodie. Shall try out the Pizza Factory some time soon - after I ease off the Atkins diet! Heh!

J.A.P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home