Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Pizza Factory

On Sunday, my cooking gas ran out and I faced the happy prospect of dining happily on pizza. With the Pizza Factory in town, I'm only too happy doing that. So I trotted off to Park Street, idled about at the Oxford Book Store and then sauntered over to the Pizza Factory. I checked the menu, and decided to get my pizza packed so that I could lounge at home munching pizza, listen to Bob Dylan and do the crossword. I settled on spinach, chicken, zucchini and aubergines as toppings. I like my pizza with vegetables. Then I checked if they had any veggies and I spied a green salad with Rocket! Rocket! In Calcutta! I had to have it. So I ordered that as well. Anyway, this was what my pizza looked packed.

On my way home, I couldn't resist the pizza and when I got home it was finally like this! This is the nicest pizza in Calcutta, though a little pricier than Dominoes.

The green salad with egg was very fresh and had rocket. I love all kinds of leaves in my salad and this is the first time I found anything other than lettuce in calcutta. Now, I need to know where they get the rocket from. The dressing was not nice at all though. It was too sour. So, I mixed up a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar and then shaved some parmesan over my salad. It was perfect. No pictures of that though.

I really need to know where they get their fresh rocket from. Food in Calcutta is finally changing. I've asked my sister to get me seeds or seedlings for chives and other herbs, I need to grow my own herbs. If anyone could educate me about growing lettuce and rocket here, I would be eternally grateful.

I strongly recommend the Pizza factory. The food is good but slightly higher priced but in my opinion worth the extra amount.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home