Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Touche'!

I love Russell Crowe. Right from the moment I read THIS. It takes balls to say something so true in public. I really like him now.

From www.southflorida.com News, according to Crowe -

"I'm sick to death of famous people standing up and using their celebrity to promote a cause. If I see a particular need, I do try to help. But there's a lot that can be achieved by putting a cheque in the right place and shutting up about it."


My sentiments exactly, which is why I get pissed off with celebrity bloggers getting all hoity-toity with the "right" issues. In college I once took a course on Interpersonal Relations, mostly to improve my own. After the course I was even more convinced that people mostly do populist things to gratify their frightful need for acceptance and self-verification and not because they are actually charitable. I was fully convinced when some very famous people actually did a volte face but pretended otherwise in front of the media. I firmly believe that most people have nasty sides to them, which is ok, however accepting that sorry fact is really tough for most everybody.

2 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Young 'un (yes, even with those extra 5 years, though my daughter's a tad younger)

Attitude - I like. Unstated snobbery - I like.
Foodie - I like.

But own an apartment?
Hmmm. Capitalist oppressor!
(wonders whether bilious complexion can be remedied with talcum powder)

J.A.P.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

Umm.... No, just self-preserving individualist.

:-p How old is your daughter anyway, ahem, dada?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home