Wednesday, November 30, 2005

BLT Minus Toast and Bacon

Most days I am too tired to even want to cook. Mostly I have a salad and thaw food I always have in the freezer (which accounts for the large quantities of food that I cook). This is my favourite salad and I normally tweak it with whatever is available. Normally, it is just lettuce, tomatoes, onions. Sometimes, I also chuck in crispy bacon (when I have enough energy to crisp the bacon, i.e.) or some cooked chicken (if I have any leftover)or fried or boiled eggs. This one doesn't have anything but lettuce, tomatoes and onions, but it is beautiful, satisfying and tasty.



The Simplest Salad Recipe on the face of earth:

Lettuce (or any salad leaf) - tear into shreds
Tomatoes - Slice Lengthwise
Onion - 1 is usually enough, slice lengthwise


Chuck all of it in a salad or large bowl.

Dressing:

3 tablespoons thick yoghurt/ dahi
1 tablespoon mustard (I ran out of dijon so I used full-grained)
1/2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Pepper - about 1 teaspoon
Sugar - 3/4 teaspoon


Mix the dressing ingredients and whisk until it gets smooth and creamy and the oil blends completely.

Topping:

Parmesan cheese


Pour the dressing over the ingredients and shave loads of parmesan over the salad. Mix and eat.

If you have bacon, chicken, eggs, just mix with other ingredients. I also sometimes use olives, tuna, capers, small radishes and apples, depending on what I have in the fridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home