Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dead Flowers

I did not get any flowers as demanded, not even dead flowers. So, next year, however loser-like it seems, I am sending myself flowers for birthdays, VDays and whenever I feel like it. This sort of explains my sorry love life. I'm so bloody self-sufficient, I don't need anyone. Today, I went for a play, bought myself a swanky dinner at Sun and toasted myself with champagne (Moet & Chandon, you rock!), finally managed to configure wifi settings on my laptop (free wifi, you rock!) and managed to follow a map without getting lost. The evening was balmy but not unpleasant, my solitude remained unbroken and I was glad of it, I did not even wallow in self-pity at drinking champagne alone. Which is why, I should feel sad at being self-sufficient, except, I don't. Half-way through the M&C, I've decided on the nickname for my new car, "Champagne Suzy".

5 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger rainbeau_peep said...

i want ur life!!! ur champagne, ur job, ur car!!!! what do u work at? u sound like a poor lil rich ceo. if only u weren't the wrong sex :-[

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

I'm just a mid-level manager who looooves champagne. Hic!
You don't want my life, I work 18-20 hours a day, you need to be nuts to want that. I just write nice stuff on my blog to forget my pressures, my deadlines, my job stress, work politics and my lack of love and a social life.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time you are in the US let me know - flowers can be arranged!
-h

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

h - thanks and thats a nice thought, however I don't want flowers from any tom, dick or harry. I want them from some specific people only.

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fair, I should say
-h

 

Post a Comment

<< Home