Sunday, July 16, 2006

Memories Of A Meal Gone By

I'm trying to remember where I had this meal, but I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was in Singapore. I do remember everything else about this meal, though.

The Amuse-bouche - This was truly lovely - honeydew melon puree with pistachios.


Foiegras - there was something else also beneath the foiegras but I don't remember what, but that squash chip on the foiegras was amazing as well!


Crabroll - This was seriously amazing, though it looks deep-fried, the inside stuffing was succulent crab, mint and I think bean-sprouts?


Seafood Risotto - I was in a very seafood risotto phase at that point...


Mussels - Tomato and garlic sauce - Not spectacular, I've had better.


Dessert: Chocolate something -or-the-other and lovely buttery icecream.

4 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care if you have had better mussels, sitting at my desk with a limp chicken tikka sandwich, a bottle of lukewarm water and broken air-conditioning, that all looks very jealousy-inducing.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

Awwww....

The food was amazing. I'm just back from work and have eaten chapattis and chicken curry, but dreaming about mussels and oysters, sigh!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger GratisGab said...

Sometimes I think I could easily spot you if we crossed paths in a restaurant - you would be the one taking pictures of your plate :)...kinda cute (though you must hate being called that)!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger kiwiandkitsch said...

The food looks amazing.. did you really eat all that in one mail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home