Monday, March 08, 2004

Papa don't preach

After keeping me in a state of nervous apprehension for well over 4 days and making me dizzy with anxiety, my father *finally* started his *serious* discussion about arrangements for his upcoming conference and some help he needed from me. Trust Papa to be the joker-in-the-pack. With incredulousness writ in my voice and with my exasperation tending me to a hissy fit, I asked papa, "Is this the serious matter we had to discuss?" Papa looked at me with irritation and said "Yes." I had a hissy fit and papa could not see a point to it.

Apart from that, the weekend went well and I made up all my sleep deficits. Mamma fed me up. She made me drink a huge glass of carrot juice everyday and made sure I ate five kinds of fruits and five kinds of veggies everyday. My skin is glowing as a result of all the pampering and my dark circles have disappeared. I seriously need to go home more often.

I might be in Paris in the later part of this month for a conference. Whatever else I do, I shall visit the Louvre. That is one of the things I had hoped to do before I die. I didn't think my dream would materialise so quickly. The Gods of small things seem to be smiling on me. Now, I just hope I get my Visa! Last year I didn't get it on time, so I hope I have better luck this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home