Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Spluttering in the pool

Calcutta has never been hotter. The weatherwomen on TV forecast showers everyday but the clouds just rush on and refuse to cool this accursed city. So the swimming pools beckon to me after work and I soak my fat ass for an hour everyday after work. That is the one thing that prevents prickly heat and heat strokes or so it seems to my privileged self. Yesterday, while driving down to the swimming pool in my cool air conditioned car, I crossed the wetland pools where many naked children were splashing around in gay abandon. The raucous yelping and splattering made for an interesting montage. Later when I am alone in the pool, my hot body enveloped by the cool waters and dog paddling, I realise that I am all alone. No one to splash, no one's leg to pull underwater, no one to race with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home