Monday, March 06, 2006

You Go Your Way I'll Go Mine

If another well-meaning friend/ acquaintance/ Friend's mother/ aunt/ grandmother/ neighbour's grand-aunty tells me that I have *finally* reached the *right* age to *settle* down, I swear to God, I shall tell them that they should get divorced, its just the *right* time for them to leave their husbands.

Oh and also cue in annoying lady from travel agents' office telling me that my house will look good on my visa application for visiting the UK since it will appear I am *rooted* and not going to search for a husband. Vomit! Puke!

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visas to visit the UK? Really? I know from the Ex that her father has a UK passport and her mother an Indian one (she works at India House, even if she's lived in London for well over thirty years), so she has to retain her Indian passport and nationality and I know customs at airports and travelling from the UK to Germany was ridiculous, but I didn't realise it was that bad.
(That doesn't stop her children cheering when Monty Panesar bowled Sachin Tendulkar). Read that last sentence and tell me that ethnicity is so important?

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

Yes. Since I am a *single* woman, I have to submit my tax returns for last 3 years, my bank statement for the last 12 months (originals, mind you, photocopies apparently don't do) and go for an interview to tell the exalted ones that I am going for a conference and I shall not, repeat NOT seek a husband who can get me a UK citizenship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home