Saturday, June 07, 2008

Loud Ladies, My Next Best Friend and Clutter

I hated the book SATC, liked the TV Series (I think the story-narration-trend was started by SATC, and now EVERY soap opera has it) and went to watch the movie hoping for the best. I'm never buying a Louis Vuitton again. That's how much I got pissed off at the products plugging. So not done! But, but, I bet the cost of the movie was met by that. Some people have all the luck. My movie watching experience was spoilt by the LOUD woman sitting behind me who went on giving a running commentary on HER movie watching experience. After intermission, I couldn't take it and I shushed her effectively. WHY do people go to the movies to talk?

I love good Art. Readers (WTF is everybody, err... my only 2 readers, ie) of this blog also know I am deeply opinionated. I am opinionated about Art too. Too opinionated. I feel really angry at the crap people are peddling as quality art. Anyway, today after ages, my next best friend called me up out of the blue and now I find myself with 8 paintings. I have made a major purchase after almost 6 months. Yes, thats how long it took me to find art I wanted to buy.

I have put stationery dividers in all my drawers. Now, my clutter is also well-organized. This is something that makes me wildly elated.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell us more about the new art acquisitions! Or put up pics.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger zoe said...

I am forever telling people to shut up during a film that I have paid for to sit in SILENCE and watch. It really gets to me - well done for waiting until the intermission!

Sadly, I rarely go to the cinema these days :(

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

anony, I would, IF I had the time.

zoe,

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

zoe, eggzactly. I go rarely too and when I do, idiots sit all around me!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

We don't even have cinemas anymore here :-(

I used to love going to the cinema.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home